Monday, November 12, 2012

Head in the Clouds


A view from the top rim of Cedar Breaks, at 10,500ft. elevation.
Can't see it of course, but the wind was howling and spitting rain, trying to change over to snow, which it did later in the day, so I was only able to grab a few quick shots of it this year.  I always make a point to stop by this spot when heading down to the east side of the mountain to my favorite foliage area. I ran into a blizzard here on October 1 several years ago, so considering I arrived mid-October this year, it was not too bad I guess. You can see that the bottom of the cloud layer was at almost exactly the same level as the rim, obscuring the sky, but leaving the view of the multi-colored formations unhindered. Be sure to click on the image for the full size view of this one. 

3 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Cedar Breaks is breathtaking, but due to elevation has a small window of visit time.

Juliana said...

great view of old mountains...
incredible!
Have a great day!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

Roger Gauthier said...

And judging by the shadows I can see here and there, you had some sun at this precise point in time, and this accounts for those gorgeous colours while heightening the contrast between the sky and the mountains. Quite an extraordinary sight.

Congrats on this one.